It's time for you to go. I've used you since you came out, and I loved your expandability, but you know what? I didn't use it much. You didn't have some features that I wanted, and you had too many that I didn't need. I've found a new lover: iTunes. I hope you can forgive me. It's been a good few years, but sometimes people just grow apart.
iTunes is sexy. iTunes is simple. iTunes keeps track of how may times I play a song. I can sort my lists on that. iTunes keeps track of whcih songs I like best by voting. I can sort on that too. iTunes has Smart Playlists! iTunes doesn't croak when I load my 14,0000 song collection into it. iTunes is F-A-S-T!
Smart lists are beautiful. I can't wait for Outook 2003's Smart Folders. I have a smart list that contains any song that I've rated a 3 or above -- essentially my favorite songs. Granted, I haven't rated all of my songs yet, but I will, eventually. Rome wasn't built in a day.
iTunes will make my music manageable. it will make it enjoyable again, and will enable me to actually USE all the music I have.
Thank you, Apple.
Now all I need is a Mac.
- M1 Macs radically change boot and recovery (2021-01)
- Above Avalon: Apple Won the Share Buyback Debate (2021-01)
- Rosenzweig – Dissecting the Apple M1 GPU, part I (2021-01)
- iTunes at 20: How One App Changed Apple's Course - The Mac Security Blog (2021-01)
- The day Sun Microsystems nearly bought Apple (2021-01)